a chronicle of mizz devi's life journey

Monday, April 9, 2007

holy week special: holy wednesday thoughts

(originally written: apr 4 2007)

its holy wednesday and i'll be out of the internet world starting tomorrow and for the next four days so i decided to do it traditionally: hand written. being away from the internet will be one of my holy week sacrifices (really now?).

i always love the summer. i get to wear anything i want, eat everything i crave and there's always time to waste. but as i grew older and became part of the
"yuppie" crowd, im always deprived of my summer escapades.

firstly, my current work is at its peak during the sunny season. i dont hate my job, lets be clear on that. i just hate the moments it needs me the most.
*sigh* that's why people kept asking me why i plan to mope at home for the next 4 days. i told them that i never tried to "party and be merry" on a holy week. i really get guilty and i never blamed my religion nor faith of such feeling. and besides, people who went "merry" on this season had been "reminded"--car accidents, falling beach huts, and the like. not fatal, but totally nerve-wracking. but despite the irrationality of my fear and impracticality of my choice not to make most of my 5-day vacation, im still hoping i really can.

then came the ultimate test: rj announced that they'll be spending their holy week at their resthouse and he is inviting us.
*light bulb* the UTI gang have been planning on such getaway. and here's more: free transporation. *another light bulb* its totally perfect! its almost free and a dream come true for UTI!
BUT, I SAID NO. yes, perfect as it may sound, i said no. first, its totally unplanned (we leave the next day, i havent hinted my 'rents yet and i dont have the clothes for it) and second, its holy week. i realized that saying no to the perfect getaway is my sacrifice for the Lord. call it cliche or crappy but it really is. i may have eaten pork for the past friday's (not totally my fault here! our food court's totally insensitive!) but i think letting go of this
"perfect getaway" is my way of repenting. i realized this may have what Eve felt when asked to take a taste of the fruit of knowledge: to satisfy one's desire or to remain obedient. oh well, im kinda feeling the "ang-sayang-naman" syndrome now but i know God will help me feel content. and i also realized, rj is such a perfect serpent. he/she almost got me. ahahah!

so the next question will be, what am i supposed to do over the 4 days? ok, here's a checklist:
1) read agatha christie books (i brought 3 with me)
2) unli texting
3) finish the 7 habits book
4) finish my ba 215 proposal which is due next week
5) needle work / crosstitch (this is my holy week to-do)
6) clean my room
7) do my laundry
8) sleep, sleep, sleep!
9) water therapy
10) plan stuffs
11) of course attend holy week rites

and the list goes on...see? my hands are full for the next 4 days. no need to feel pity for me..

No comments: